Following Covid-19 guidance, we have a restricted services list over the forthcoming weeks. Please see our homepage for details of these services.
The parish church of Guilden Morden has been dedicated to St Mary since at least the 15th century.
The oldest parts of the nave date back to the 13th century, with the majority of the building added in the 14th century.
The present building consists of a chancel, aisled and clerestoried nave with south porch, and a west tower with a short spire. The tower dates from the 15th century, and the present spire replaced an older one in 1972. The basin of the font is 12th century.
In 1522 Francis Hasilden, Lord of the Manor of Guilden Morden, was buried in the north aisle “before Jesus’s Altar” in a tomb which cost his estate £20 sterling.